Friday, June 3, 2016


Being a food lover, I always love to try out new things and experiment by doing things differently while cooking. But this time, I was in search of something highly-nutritious and really healthy. Just few days back, I got to know about this whole concept of ‘superfood’ which, has become talk of the new era, especially for the mob of health-conscious people. Amazed by its plethora of goody aspects, it indulged me to learn more and more about the different types of superfoods. This was the time when I actually got aware of Organic Unroasted Cacao Powder.

Well, it’s true that chocolate is one of the most tempting things for which I crave for. But, sometime before, I got to know about the adverse effects of processed cocoa powder consumption and was pretty overwhelmed. So, I was really in search of a healthy solution which, could actually quench my intense thirst for chocolate. Discovering cacao powder actually served my purpose rightly. Thus, I added this rich nutritious ingredient to smoothies for making chocolate nana ice-cream and smoothies. Thereafter, what I savored was actually amazing. Inspired by this appealing taste, I tried further and added these to the homemade baked foods like brownies, cakes, cookies and the list continues. With gradual consumption, what I found is; It’s the ideal ‘chocolate not chocolate’ which can be added to various food preparations ranging from starters to desserts.

So, that’s all about its ability to serve the gastronomic craves.  But, what about the real purpose behind appraising it as a ‘superfood’. Well, here’s what I actually discovered.

  • Raw cacao powder consists of a myriad of mood stimulants- the ‘bliss’ chemical, anandamide, which helps in lifting your mood and one essential amino acid- arginine, which helps in relaxing the blood vessels.
  • It contains around 4 times the antioxidant power possessed by regular dark chocolate.
  • Because of the high content of magnesium, cacao can promote building of healthy bones, heart, thereby helping produce the senses of calmness.
  • This powder consists of an amino acid, Tryptophan, which helps in relaxing and get a good sleep.
  • Sulphur present in cacao powder helps in building beautiful and healthy skin and strong nails.

The list goes on and so, consuming this superfood, organic unroasted cacao powder surely serve as the super healthy option for us. Well, I believe this post will ignite the urge of those folks who haven’t tried this yet and will compel those to have more of this food item who have tried it for at least once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Categories

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! I am a writer based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I love blogging, traveling, partying and making new friends. I am a fitness freak and currently am a mentor in a company that deals with health food. If you want to connect with me, just drop me a line..

Popular Posts